Important Note: This timeline is only a recommendation. We encourage applicants to start the entire process as early as possible. The lengthiest step in the application process is to secure the commitment of two co-supervisors. Applicants are recommended to approach potential co-supervisors months in advance of online application.
June – July
- Develop a strong research proposal to present to potential co-supervisors.
- Reach out to potential co-supervisors. For help with finding faculty members in your research areas, see UBC Experts Guide or Potential Supervisors guide.
- **OPTIONAL – With the help of potential co-supervisors, fine-tune your two-page Statement of Proposed Research Topic (SPRT) and submit it to email@example.com well in advance of the application deadline. For more information on SPRT criteria, go to Application Information.
NOTE: The ISGP will only review and provide feedback on SPRTs before December 1, prior to formal admission application.
September – October
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Prepare all your post-secondary transcripts. One set will be opened and scanned by you to upload to online application. The second set will be kept sealed and sent to Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies only if you are offered admission.
November – December
- Obtain signatures from potential co-supervisors and their Department Heads on the ISGP Co-Supervisors Agreement.
- Online applications open on November 1st.
- Prepare all support documents for online application.
- Confirm with three (3) referees for your application.
- December 1st: Last day for the ISGP to provide SPRT feedback. SPRTs submitted after December 1st will not receive feedback.
Application deadline (January 15 @ 11:59 pm PST).
January – March
Blackout period: In-person consultation for prospective students is not available due to admission season.
Please see Application Information for details.