Nexus Interdisciplinary Conference 2018: Responsibility
Download our Call for Abstracts Poster here!
Check out the event on Facebook here!
Date: Monday, March 19, 2018
Time: 9:00 – 4:30pm
Location: Thea’s Lounge, Graduate Student Society, 6371 Crescent Road
We would like to invite graduate students and community members to take part in the 2018 Interdisciplinary Studies Graduate Conference. This conference is envisioned by students of the ISGP as a way of embodying the essence of interdisciplinary research – becoming a meeting point for communities, disciplines, methodologies and research approaches.
We are asking presenters to focus on critical perspectives, in the context of their research as well as their own experiences, on understanding responsibility for each other, for the planet, for our research, for UBC, and beyond. The topic is meant to be inclusive of all issues regarding responsibility, including a critique the concept itself.
At the conference there will be three opportunities for communicating and sharing your knowledge:
- Oral Presentations: The format will also consist of an individual 15-minute presentation, followed by 10 minutes of questions.
- Panel discussions: There might be panel discussions in the morning and afternoon. They will consist of three to fourth members with a collective presentation of 45 to 60 minutes followed by a 10 minutes of discussion and questions. If you are interested in submitting for a panel discussions, please write an abstract as a group. The word count is extended to a maximum of 1000 words to allow each presenter to describe their role.
- Creative presentations or performances: Posters and alternative forms of art expression are welcome and encouraged.
Submitted abstracts must be under 500 words and address the conference theme. Reviewers will assess:
- Format, style, and organization of the description of problem(s) and argument(s)
- Scholarly, social, and/or scientific significance
- Interdisciplinarity/originality of the project
Abstracts from presentations will have the opportunity to be published at the peer review Cutting Edge: ISGP online journal.
We welcome any questions regarding posters and other forms of presentation and art expressions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 20, 2017
The event is free, but registration required to ensure that enough food is provided. Please register and/or submit your abstract here.