Congratulations! Now that you have been admitted into the ISGP program, one of the first things to do is to create a Campus-Wide-Login (CWL) account so that you can access your records on the Student Service Centre (SSC) account. For info on how to do so, please visit here.
Once your SSC account is set up, check out these tutorials on how to navigate your records.
ISGP Graduate Student Handbook
The ISGP Graduate Student Handbook is being reviewed and updated. Check back soon!
The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS) web site is a great resource for any information you are looking for in regards to your program needs (e.g. Auditing a course; Request for Leave; Extensions; Change in Registration; Applying for awards…etc.)
Here is a timeline and sequence of steps of your program (from being admitted to graduation). For more information on each step, please clink on the link:
- Subscribe to ISGP Mailing list
- Form Supervisory Committee
- Develop Program of Study and Coursework
- Maintain continuous registration
- Submit ISGP Annual Progress Report (June every year)
- Comprehensive Exam (24 months – after finishing ALL course work)
- Advancement to Candidacy (36 months – completed ALL course work; passed comp exam; proposal approved)
- Write thesis/dissertation
- Final Doctoral Exam
- Submit thesis/dissertation
- G+PS sends thesis/dissertation to External Examiner
- Final Doctoral Oral Defence
- Submit Doctoral thesis/dissertation Approval Form
- Submit thesis/dissertation online to cIRcle
- Apply for Graduation
- Unsubscribe from ISGP Mailing list
Please also check the various deadlines that are relevant to Graduate Students on the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS) web site.
Supervisors and Supervisory Committee
The composition of your co-supervisors and supervisory committee must be at least 50% UBC members.
To recommend a non-UBC supervisor, please fill out the form here and submit all documents to the ISGP for further approval.
To recommend a non-UBC supervisory committee member, please fill out the form here and submit all documents to the ISGP for further approval.
*NOTE: Indication (from the graduate program) of the particular qualifications that make the nominee suitable must be provided by student’s supervisor as a rationale.
Only completed forms and required documents will be accepted and processed.
For more information on supervisors and supervisory committee, please visit the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website.