The following documents are required to be uploaded to your online application:
- Statement of Intent (cover letter explaining your interest in the program)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 2-page Statement of Proposed Research Topic (SPRT)
Compose a two-page statement that summarizes your research project and methodology. The more succinct and concise, the better. Try to avoid sweeping statements and be as narrow and specific as possible. As you describe your topic for your proposed thesis pay attention to the specific arguments and interpretations that you intend to develop. Define research objectives, methods and significance, demonstrating the unsuitability of other approaches by reference to current academic or technical literature. In the process of clarifying the main research materials and debates, pay particular attention to how the different disciplines relate to, and will contribute to the achievement of your research objectives. If you can in any way identify the post-graduate developments of your research, such as places for publication (suitable periodicals, books or government reports), do so. Your statement may be supplemented by a one-page bibliography.
- File name (Word Doc.) – “SPRT: YourName Date”
- Must include your name, email and date within the document
NOTE: The ISGP will not be able to review SPRTs and provide feedback after December 15th, prior to formal admission application and will only review your SPRT once.
- ISGP Home Department – Co-Supervisors Agreement (signed)
- Two (2) sets of official transcripts (in sealed and endorsed envelopes) from each of the post-secondary institutions you have attended. One set will be opened and scanned by you to upload to online application. The 2nd set will be kept sealed and sent to Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies only if you are offered admission. Transcript submission guidelines are found here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All required documents must be submitted through the online application portal as document uploads. Documents emailed or submitted in person will not be accepted.